Home gym equipment needs not be expensive!
One of the biggest plus point of a home gym is no more monthly gym membership fees. Besides that you are the king in your domain home and enjoy total freedom. Freedom to train in your own way, dress, background music choice and grunt to any variation in techniques, speed and tempo you want!
However in deciding to create your own home gym on a budget, some self-responsibility is required. Firstly what’s fitness goal? What’s your budget level? Will you be using the gym frequently?
Some suggestions/home exercise equipment to add to your home gym
- Barbells : This is cheap and price follows increase in weights you required as you progress. Since barbells allow easy add-ons, they allow versatility and effective for years to come.
- Pull up bar : Several type available but one mounted onto the door frame is a good choice.
- Bench : a good extra though both pull-up bar and barbell is sufficient for most exercises.
- Mirror : Great for checking your form besides looking good during certain lifting techniques.
- Music : For getting into the mood and working out the sweats
Do no waste time and money in investing in the latest fashion fads, expensive bulky machines that look good but not your body. Most exercise machines have limited use breeding boredom and hence just not cost effective.
Most of all get a home gym equipment that fits your budget, space and exercise needs such that you enjoy it and still have room for enhancement when moods, cash and available time warrants it.
Remember when you create your own gym room, it feels great to be king of this domain. However having this attitude comes with more self-responsibility as there is no help or trainer to check on you, watch your progress or worst still in painful agony. It’s better to check with your doctor and train slowly and carefully.
Once you got the basic exercise equipment all set up, it is time to get creative not just on organizing how to keep your stuff but increase the frequency, intensity and variety of home exercises to stay motivated, alert and tip-top conditioning.
Creating your own home gym is simple, affordable and move you in the direction of fitness goals and you learn responsibility knowing the excuses of traffic jams, rains, membership fees and long distance to travel to the club gym is no longer valid!